Polyurethane foam has revolutionized the concrete industry since its introduction. It is considered an effective solution against cracks and gaps that occur due to concrete settling. However, it can solve many other problems in your home garage, driveways, walkways, and patios.
So, what are the benefits and uses of polyurethane foam injection for concrete? Let’s find out in this article!
What is Polyurethane Foam Injection?
Polyurethane foam, or lifting foam, is a solution to repair concrete foundations like driveways or floors. It can also work effectively against cracks in concrete slabs. The technique that utilizes this solution is called polyurethane foam injection.
So, how does it work? Well, it has a straightforward working framework. All you need is to inject it into the gaps between your concrete floors or slabs. It creates a grout that expands and connects the two parts of your concrete. Additionally, this grout hardens over time, providing an appearance that doesn’t look awkward.
Applications of Polyurethane Foam Injection
We have briefly looked at the function of polyurethane foam injection. But what specific problems can it solve? Let’s look at them:
● Water Infiltration: An issue many people face after concrete settling is water infiltration. It means when the soil is opened, the water makes its way into there. Increased moisture can create more problems for the already-distorted concrete. Hence, polyurethane foam hardens the area, preventing water penetration.
● Unleved Footings: A frequently asked question is how to identify concrete settling at initial stages. The short answer is via raised footings. That means the floor starts getting unleveled. Polyurethane foam injection can solve this problem by stabilizing the soil. As a result, the concrete never has to enforce its weight on the soil below, preventing settling.
Why Should You Use Polyurethane Foam Injections?
Here are some benefits of polyurethane foam injection that make it a worthy solution for your concrete problems!
● Foam injection foundation repair is an easier solution than pouring new concrete or fixing the old one.
● Polyurethane foam injection concrete lifting is a comparatively more cost-effective approach.
● It doesn’t look out of place, ruining the overall aesthetics.
● This solution starts showing results within the first 15 minutes of its application.
● It hardens over time, causing your concrete to regain its former strength.
● This foam is widely available in the market.
Polyurethane Foam Injections Consideration
While this solution is easy to use, it is not suitable for inexperienced people. Remember that it can lead to respiratory diseases that don’t go away easily. It has some health risks due to its mild-toxic nature.
That is why you should let professionals handle it. You have services like polyurethane foam concrete lifting Manitoba that has experienced workers with safety gear. Furthermore, they have high-quality solutions that can be customized according to your problem!
The key takeaways are that polyurethan foam injection has many benefits, like leveled footings, stabled soil, and moisture prevention. Consider choosing a professional and experienced service provider like Boost Concrete Lifting!